Stall Bookings – Terms & Conditions (2023)
Thornbury Carnival ‘The Main Event’ will take place on the Mundy Playing Fields, Thornbury, South Gloucestershire on Saturday 1st July 2023. Stallholders must adhere to the following timings:
- Stallholders will be able to access the site via Kington Lane from 7.00 am.
- Stallsholders’ vehicles should be unpacked and parked in the designated parking area by 10.00am.
- Stallholders should be ready for trading when the event opens to ticketholders at 11.00am.
- Stallholders are expected to trade until at least 5.00pm.
- Trading may continue after 5.00pm at the organiser’s discretion but there is no expectation that stallholders will stay after 5.00pm.
Vehicle access for stallholders is via Wellfield Lane just off Kington Lane, BS35 1NA. Only vehicles belonging to stallholders who have booked a pitch will be admitted to the site. Once on-site, vehicles will be directed to the Reception desk for check-in, will be supplied with a vehicle pass, and then directed to their pitch.
All vehicles should adhere to the on-site speed limit of 5mph. Hazard lights should not be used on-site; please use indicators as normal.
Once you have unloaded your vehicle and your stall has been set up, you must move your vehicle to the designated parking area. All vehicles must be in the designated parking area by 10.00am. We pride ourselves on our record of site safety and with a, hopefully, very busy day and lots of attendees, vehicle movement is strictly prohibited until the end of stalls trading at 5.00pm. When leaving site, the designated exit route must be adhered to at all times so please follow the directions of the stewards who are there to help you leave site.
Stall Staffing Limits
Stallholders are allocated either two or four people per pitch depending on the size of the pitch booked. Your pitch booking includes admission for these people only. Any additional stall helpers must park off-site and enter via the pedestrian gate (off the High Street) where normal admission charges will apply.
You do not need to bring your own gazebo. Your pitch booking includes a fully-erected and secured gazebo. This will be in place when you arrive on site. Gazebo sides are also included in your pitch booking and may be used unless winds exceed 25mph.
Third Party Liability Insurance
All stallholders are required legally to have third party liability insurance in place. We will ask you for details during the booking process so please have them to hand. You will need to bring a copy of your insurance certificate with you on the day of the event.
Health & Safety
The Thornbury Carnival organisers want the event to be enjoyable and safe for all. To those ends, we must collectively ensure that the site is safe at all times. Please ensure the safe operation of your stall at all times:
- Event organisers will inspect your stall and complete a risk assessment shortly before opening.
- Adult supervision is required on all stalls at all times.
- Any electrical equipment used on stalls must be PAT tested.
- All trip hazards, particularly cabling, must be clearly identifiable and/or appropriately covered.
- Stallholders must remove all equipment and litter at the end of the day.
We reserve the right to close down any stall deemed unsafe.
We regret that refunds cannot be given unless your stall is Health and Safety compromised due to adverse weather conditions. Should you be unable to attend the event, a credit note will be offered for a pitch at the following year’s event.
Marketing & Social Media
We would like to be able to promote your attendance at the event so if you have photos on your website or social media, please provide permission for us to use them during the online booking process.